Students can have a clear idea of the pronunciation of letter-er at the end of words through some words: water, tiger, sister, computer and dinner.
Students will master the spelling of these new words.
Students can use the five words to make a little story.
Students can read and hear these words correctly in their futher communication.
Students will get more interests in learning English and not afraid of speaking English in public.
Students will foster their awareness of cooperation.
Teaching key point and difficult point:
Help students master the pronunciation and spelling of new words.
Students can build their confidence in learning English.
Step 1 Warm-up and Lead-in
1. Daily greeting
Greet with students as usual.
2. Sing the song Finger Family to students and have a free talk with students to lead in the topic of this pronunciation class.
Step 2 Presentation
1. Show students five words: water, tiger, sister, computer and dinner by drawing some interesting pictures on the blackboard.
2. Lead students to read and guess the commom feature of them.
3. The teacher make a summary about the similarity of the pronunciation of letter-er at the end of words.
Step 3 Practice
1. Play a game with students:finger show-mark the four words with 1-5,and tell students the rule of the game: if teacher show one finger, they should the word-water, if teacher show 2 fingers, they should read-tiger.
2. The game of hot potato: tell the first students a word on the blackboard, and let students pass the word one by one , when the teacher say okay, stop here, the last student who get the word should tell the teacher what he hears.
Step 4 Production
1. Let students find more words with letter-er at the end of them within 3minutes.
2. Divide students into 6 groups and give them 5 minutes to make a little story using the words on the blackboard or these they find just now. Invite three groups of students to show their story and give them a positive evaluation.
Step 5 Summary and homework
Summary: Invite one of them to be the little teacher and help me summarize what we have learned today.
Homework: Let students tell the little story to their parents and show their feeling next class.